Location: Lagos (head office)
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Directly supervises: N/A
Replaced by (Reliever): Credit Risk Manager (Senior Risk Manager)
Career: Head of Credit Risk, Chief Risk Officer
General description of responsibilities
- The main task of the Credit Portfolio Analyst is to produce quality and timely credit analytical reports on Baobab Nigeria for management and all stakeholders in accordance with approved definitions, templates, formats , International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Basic Agreements.
- He/she will develop and update the Bank’s analytical credit risk reporting tools and ensure that the reporting processes are adequate and efficient.
- He/she will assist in the preparation of ad hoc reports required by supervisor or management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Prepare the Bank’s internal credit risk analysis reports. The main reports are:
- Credit risk reporting package
- Vintage analysis report
- Transition Matrix Report
- Sector analysis report
- Boar Pack Reports
- Risk Management Committee monthly reports/presentation
- Various ad hoc credit risk analysis reports
- Provide monthly analysis using dashboards to highlight portfolio risk management issues,
- Including concentration, patterns, trend monitoring and stress testing.
- Liaise with CBN on CRMS platform for efficient loan disbursement at the right time
- Make direct debits for overdue customers through the NIBSS platform and any other direct debit platforms
- Prepare reports for the Baobab Group risk department, including:
- Monthly Group Credit Risk Report
- Other credit risk related reports for Baobab Group (as delegated)
- Share credit risk trends, patterns and stress test results with the group risk department.
- Coordinate the Bank’s de-registration process from branch level to head office ensuring that all de-registration documents are properly processed and documented. This includes a write-off note to management for final approval.
- Coordinate monthly meetings of the Risk Management Committee. This involves taking full ownership of all reports and documents required of the risk management committee; preparing, updating the presentation of the CRM, and liaising and supporting other units/departments to update their contribution to the presentation.
- Analyze data on various types of bank credit products.
- Organize and provide credit data on Nigeria’s microfinance and banking industry.
- Provides technical assistance to branch and head office managers and the group with respect to credit risk modeling information and financial report preparation.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Risk Manager or General Management.
Internal relations with all staff and authorities
- Baobab Data Warehouse Senegal
- Basic banking software (T24)
- Finance (Sage accounting system, MCR report,
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- National Bureau of Statistics
Required skills and work experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science.
- At least two (2) years of experience in banking related activities.
- Good years of experience in business analysis, report creation, data validation and report validation
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Excel (intermediate to advanced level) and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Professional, ethical and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Committed, responsible and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to carry out work independently as well as in work groups and teams.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Use of SQL, Power BI, Business Objects or any analytical/statistical tools as applicable will be an added advantage.